the chocolate peanut butter gallery

a site dedicated to the world's two best ingredients

Reese’s Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs

February 26th, 2010

Reeses Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

I am an adult (or at least my age dictates so) but when I walk in to a store this time of year and see a display of Reese’s Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs, it never fails to make me want to shriek with glee, grab a bag and go running out of the store like a crazy person as I frantically open said bag, tear one of the little wrappers open with my teeth and smash the candy right into my mouth. I then stop suddenly in my tracks and yell “HELL YEAH!” (slightly distored by a mouthful of chocolate and peanut butter) loud enough to echo in the street and make a nearby cluster of birds fly away.

I will never understand why the peanut butter egg tastes better than the peanut butter cup since they’re essentially the same thing, but it just does. If you disagree, don’t try to argue with me because you’re wrong.

While we’re on the subject of Reese’s, you should check out this funny video by Marni, a fellow chocolate-peanut-butter-aholic who writes one of my favorite blogs, Happy Go Marni. It’s a video made for her job, but I just really got a kick out of the enthusiasm for chocolate & peanut butter, the shout-out to my blog (yay!) and the tip that Talladega Nights is an informative documentary on Nascar, haha.

10 responses so far:

• I am in TOTAL agreement with you re: the Eggs being better than the Cups! It the PB-to-chocolate ratio, I think.

You’ve probably done this already, but if not, you should make your own peanut butter eggs. There’s an excellent recipe here…http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Easter-Eggs/Detail.aspx The only trick is to find someone to share with, because having that many peanut butter eggs in your house can be absolutely disastrous!

Yay for Easter. :)

by NicoleFeb 26, 2010 at 9:27 am
  • Really though, why do they taste better? I had to laugh out loud at your post just now, because I feel the same way about those things!! AND they are so freaking addictive! Tell me one person who can seriously only eat one!! LOL Thanks…now I am craving one!! hahahaha

by LieslFeb 26, 2010 at 2:39 pm
  • OMG I so agree! I love those things! And the trees at Christmas. I agree with Nicole, must be that there is more soft peanut butter middle to the egg. My other fav: Cadburry eggs. Not peanut butter, I know, but I always have to buy one at Easter.

by MelissaFeb 26, 2010 at 4:49 pm
  • The PB cups are too thin. Except maybe the Big Cups, I like those.

by JordanFeb 26, 2010 at 5:57 pm
  • They do taste better…my husband (a reeses fanatic) says it is the difference in the ratio of peanut butter to chocolate…he takes it way too seriously!
    These things are like crack in my house, especially the smaller ones where I could most likely eat through an entire bag in one day!

by shelly (cookies and cups)Mar 1, 2010 at 9:20 am
  • Just found your blog…LOVE peanut butter and chocolate!!!:)
    We are new! Come by and check us out;)

by hollyMar 3, 2010 at 3:53 am
  • These things are so addictive, I agree, just like the Reese’s Christmas Trees. Wish they were sold year-round. Only sadly, they’re so much smaller now than when I was a kid.

by Danna JoyMar 11, 2010 at 8:51 pm
  • I have always thought the Peanut Butter Eggs were better than the regular Reese Cups. Several people say they think it is the peanut butter to chocolate ratio, but I think it is more than that. The chocolate is different, too. I love these things… I even freeze some to have later because there won’t be any until the Peanut Butter Pumpkins come out. And now they have come out with the Double Peanut Butter Eggs… they are awesome!!!!

by ShannonMar 14, 2010 at 4:07 pm
  • [...] (the photo above is just about actual size). Differing slightly from it’s more petite cousin the little egg, the big egg’s milk chocolate layer is a substantial 1/4 inch thick as opposed to the small [...]

• I love these things so much I want to marry one and have little half-human, half-peanut butter egg babies with it.

by M. Carter @ the MoviesJul 7, 2010 at 5:16 pm