the chocolate peanut butter gallery

a site dedicated to the world's two best ingredients

Reader Submission: What Kind of Peanut Butter Eater Are You?

February 5th, 2010

Peanut Butter Person

The wonderful Marni of Happy Go Marni informed me of a fun peanut butter-related post on Serious Eats, written by Peanut Butter Enthusiast Lee Zalben of PB&Co. In the post, Lee ponders people’s various peanut butter eating habits.

With about 100 comments following the article, people clearly have an opinion. Quite a few comments reference my favorite combination, c&pb. One lady even puts peanut butter on Mint Oreos! Slightly strange maybe, but to quote this week’s 30 Rock, “everyone has their vice.”

I found this comment so sad: “I don’t think I’ve ever eaten it straight from the jar in my whole long life.” Really? What’s wrong with you, lady? Live your life to the fullest! Grab a spoon – you can do it!

So… what kind are you?

This post leads me to wonder what kind of chocolate eaters we are. As for me, I think some of the categories I may fit into are Hoarder, Nibbler, Devourer…

Thanks to Marni for sharing!

7 responses so far:

• Mmmmm…makes me hungry! My favorite way to eat PB is in my oatmeal, along with some chocolate chips and a little bit of banana. It’s the perfect food!

by NicoleFeb 5, 2010 at 12:49 pm
  • 90% of the time it’s on oatmeal. To be honest, as much as I love it, I almost never eat it straight from the jar–2 times I can think of in 6 months. I just need some restraint near it.

by Evan ThomasFeb 5, 2010 at 12:49 pm
  • I eat it : straight out of the jar, on waffles with honey, on candy bars, IN hot chocolate (a spoonful or two) on anything chocolate. Everything chocolate I make includes peanut butter chips. Oh, on Frito’s is good too. I live in Germany and It might be shocking to hear but Europeans aren’t normally in to peanut butter! gasp!I have met so many people here who hate peanut butter. Needless to say, they aren’t my friends:)

by JenniferFeb 5, 2010 at 3:17 pm
  • Yum. Straight from the jar! And I love peanut butter on oreos, but I bet mint oreos make it even better! Haven’t let myself have that treat in a while, the thought of all that fat makes my heart hurt. :)

by AmyFeb 6, 2010 at 2:35 am
  • I am a “peanut butter goes with everything” person. I eat it plain, bake with it, but also spread it on my hamburger bun! You can dip fries in it, too. There is probably nothing that doesn’t go well with peanut butter.

by MarniFeb 8, 2010 at 8:14 pm
  • I just found this blog, thank you. I love peanut butter and chocolate together. I survived my childhood thanks to PB. My favorite ways (can’t have just one) is PB and honey mixed together in a bowl, or melted peanut butter poured over chocolate ice cream. Vanilla ice cream will do in a pinch, or coffee ice cream, or…well chocolate is best.

by PaulaFeb 17, 2010 at 7:07 pm
  • I have a mix that I make every night and every morning for breakfast.

In a bowl I mix cottage cheese, mashed banana, chocolate protein powder, chopped nuts, and gobs and gobs of PEANUT BUTTER!! yum!

by Joe VFeb 27, 2010 at 12:45 am