the chocolate peanut butter gallery

a site dedicated to the world's two best ingredients

Peanut Butter Cup Martini

March 28th, 2008

peanut butter cup martini

A lot of people out there like to wind down at the end of a long hectic week with friends and a drink in hand. But while others mull over some crappy beer, you and your tastebuds can dance the night away with a delicious Peanut Butter Cup Martini.

Beverage World claims that “there is only one peanut butter based spirits product in the US,” and it’s called Castries Peanut Rum Creme. It’s made of Madagascan vanilla, roasted peanuts, spices, cream and St. Lucian rum. You can read a review of it on Scotte’s Rum Pages. It is summed up as “an exquisite liqueur, with an outstanding balance of tastes.” Sounds good to me!

I think discovering this liquor has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for chocolate and peanut butter beverages…

Recipe after the break. It is from The Polished Palate.

Peanut Butter Cup Martini

Ingredients
2 oz Castries
1 oz Godiva Chocolate Liquor
1 oz Super Premium Vodka

Directions
1. Shake vigorously over ice and strain into a chilled martini glass
2. Optional: Line the Martini glass with chocolate syrup for additional effect

Tags:  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,  ,

7 responses so far:

• It’s so pretty!

by CindyMar 28, 2008 at 11:52 am
  • Ok, now that I have found your blog I can see that it will be very hard to resist coming back to see what else you talk about! This martini is right up my alley!

by patsykMar 28, 2008 at 1:19 pm
  • What a genius beverage! Great idea…it looks so tasty!

by HillaryMar 28, 2008 at 3:52 pm
  • Now that looks good! Let me tell you girl…..your talent in the food industry amazes me….how you aren’t 400 lbs…..I will never know! :)

Love, co-owner of “Two Labs Bakery”
    ~Carla

by CarlaMar 28, 2008 at 8:15 pm
  • This looks like one of the drinks, like a Guinness, that is so darn rich and delicious but way too filling to have more than one. I’ve never heard of Castries, but I will find it!

- The Peanut Butter Boy

by NickMar 30, 2008 at 6:30 pm
  • just came home with a bottle that the liquor store ordered for me. Deeeeelicious ! You have to lose the vodka though since castries is rum. Try what I did…3oz of castries and 1oz of Godiva choclate liquor……YUMMY !

by susanneJun 12, 2008 at 7:02 pm
  • I am soooo excited about this. We are having a PB themed party for a friend’s B-day b/c she is obsessed. I can not wait to suprise her with this beautiful martini!!!

by Friend of PB addictNov 16, 2009 at 2:42 pm